||Teacher: Erin Harvey
Date/Time: Wednesday - 12:45 PM to 2:15 PM
Recommended Grades: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
Department: Fine Arts Electives
Grade Level: High School (9th-12th), Middle School (6th-8th)
Maximum Enrollment: 16
The Classical Drawing program is built upon the same foundations and principles as the Classical Art program. In this progressive class, students will learn to utilize functional drawing techniques by layering different mediums through step-by-step instructions. Students also learn elements of art using various dry mediums like pencil, color pencil, charcoal, pen & ink, and pastels. Building on top of the introduction to drawing from the Classical Art program, students will learn about the following drawing techniques:
- TouchPoint Drawing system (which develops the eye and hand while drawing with accuracy and proportion)
- Determining Planes and establishing the light source
- How to use shading and blending techniques effectively.
- Gesture drawings to establish the important lines to aid in finding and losing edges by working
- on and off the form to evoke a message.
- Understanding terminal points to give depth and help objects move in safe
- Learn how to use contrast to control depth and lead the viewer around the artwork
- Properly understand perspective to give a sense of realism to the drawing.
Contact Erin to work out your schedule before classes fill or for any questions you may have – 7703130377
Tuition: $90/month for 9 months; Yearly supply fee $35 (make checks payable to Erin Harvey)